DIGITAL HEALTH DASH 2021
At Digital Health Rewired 2021, we are committed to providing our delegates with a safe and healthy virtual event environment, by providing access to a range of wellbeing activities and support in the lead up to and over the duration of the 5-day festival.
The ongoing effects of Covid-19 have had a huge impact on everyone’s mental health and wellbeing, which has highlighted the increased importance on us checking in with ourselves, our colleagues, and our friends and family. It’s important that we know where to go to access help and support and are all using the right coping strategies to get through these difficult times.
For Rewired 2021, we have partnered with Duty To Care, a charity who provide wellbeing support via online consultation to improve and sustain the mental health and wellbeing of healthcare professionals. For every £10,000 raised, Duty To Care can offer help to 250 NHS workers. So, in support of this wonderful cause, we are calling upon the digital health community to join us for Digital Health Dash 2021.
Digital Health Dash 2021 is a way to have fun, keep our wellbeing at the forefront of our minds, get active and raise money for a service that our colleagues, friends and even ourselves may all need to access at some point in the future. We are encouraging all delegates to get their running, walking, or cycling shoes on and join us on the road to reach our 2021km target.
We are giving ourselves (and the wider community) just over a month to reach the target. Digital Health Dash 2021 launches on Friday 12th February with the challenge completing at Rewired 2021.
Joining the challenge couldn’t be easier:
- Set yourself a goal, whether that be 100km, 10km or 1km – whatever suits your activity level.
- Sign up to Strava and create a profile. Then join our Digital Health Dash 2021 club account to help us track all group activity. Strava is a free activity tracking platform that you can access online or via the app.
- Tell your friends, family, colleagues about the challenge and get them to sponsor you using our JustGiving sponsorship page
- Every time you walk, run or cycle, open the Strava account so it can log your activity and this will tally on our club account showing the distance we have reached so far.
- Make a pledge to a set distance and shout about your involvement in Digital Health Dash 2021 by using the hashtag #DHDash2021 whenever you are tweeting about your achievements.
To help get you started, we have created virtual walking, running, and cycling groups, with specific dates and times set aside, that you can join at any point during the challenge to join fellow delegates virtually whilst taking part.
DH Dash Running Group
Hosted by Sarah Bruce from SilverBuck, our running group dates are:
If you would like to join the running group WhatsApp, where we can chat about our progress and spur each other on, please email your mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org (your number will only be used for this purpose).
DH Dash Walking Group
Hosted by Lauren Hoodless from Digital Health, our walking group dates are:
- Sunday 14 February 10am-12am
- Sunday 21 February 10am-12am
- Sunday 28 February 10am-12am
- Sunday 7 March 10am-12am
- Sunday 14 March 10am-12am
- Monday 15 March 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Tuesday 16 March 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Wednesday 17 March 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Thursday 18 March 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Friday 19 March 6.30pm-7.30pm
If you would like to join the walking group WhatsApp, where we can chat about our progress and spur each other on, please email your mobile number to email@example.com (your number will only be used for this purpose).
DH Dash Virtual Cycling Group
Hosted by Graham Smith, CCIO at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, our virtual cycling group dates are:
- Sunday 14 February 10am-11am
- Sunday 21 February 10am-11am
- Sunday 28 February 10am-11am
- Sunday 7 March 10am-11am
- Sunday 14 March 10am-11am
- Monday 15 March 7am-8am
- Tuesday 16 March 7am-8am
- Wednesday 17 March 7am-8am
- Thursday 18 March 7am-8am
- Friday 19 March 7am-8am
If you would like to join the virtual cycling group WhatsApp, where we can chat about our progress and spur each other on, please email your mobile number to firstname.lastname@example.org (your number will only be used for this purpose).
To add to the fun of the challenge, we will also be awarding for:
Best running outfit
We want to see your bright and crazy creations or perhaps you prefer fancy dress!
Best scenic route
Get your cameras at the ready
Best fundraising partner
It could be a pet, a child, or your lucky charm
Best recovery meal
Do you feast on healthy chicken and rice or a veggie dish after being active? Or do you just go for the pizza and ice cream?!
Most miles clocked
(running, walking, and cycling)
Do not be discouraged if you’re not overly active, you might just surprise yourself!
All winners and prizes will be announced during the last few days of Rewired 2021 so look out to see if you are one of them.
We look forward to seeing your fundraising updates, posts and tweets across the Digital Health Dash 2021 challenge.